Building has started. The extension walls are being built. Soon the new roof will be put on.
Thursday 3 April 2014
We’ve got our planning permission to develop the hut – the City Planning Committee agreed it unanimously. Now we just need to secure the money.
There is loads to do between now and when we start to build and the Work Stream leads who are running the project are going to be doing a great deal over the next few weeks to tackle this. This includes things like:
- Tree assessments
- Pathway closures
- HCC funding securing
- Lease changes
- Legal discussions
- Exec agreement
- Scout Association Loan agreement
- Contract agreement with builders
- Lead times for all the above
- Fundraising events
- Bid writing
- Seeking donations
- Organisation of our big summer event
- Dismantling of the inside of the hut
- Clearing out the stores
These are in no particular order but all need volunteers to do the work. If any parents can help, or put us in touch with anyone who can help, then that would be great.
Our Scouting programme plans remain unchanged. We plan to shut the hut up at the beginning of May. We will then have one week to dismantle the inside ready for builders to start w/c 12th May.
A massive thank you to everybody who’ve worked so hard to get this far yet the hard work is about to start – “many hands make light work”.
Wednesday 19 March 2014
We received five quotes from builders this week and we are now discussing details with 2 of them. This is a critical time for us all.
- We are finalising our Planning Application on the 3rd April when it goes to committee
- We are finalising the amount of money we will receive from Hampshire County Council in the way of a capital grant associated with the Pre-school development;
- We need to put a robust plan together for the Executive who are the Trustees of this charity and who effectively put their own finances on the line if the money doesn’t stack up.
As a parent, if there is one thing you can do right now, it is to approach your employer/company/supplier and ask them to provide a donation or sponsorship for our Bigger and Better campaign.
When we have money, our critical times are significantly eased!
Please do everything you can to help.